Entrance Exam Coaching
Certificate and Diploma Courses
Our Successful Students
Programmes at Symbiosis
Official website :www.sid.edu.in
|Symbiosis Institute of Design presently offers an Under-Graduate Programme in Design and is under the ‘Faculty of Media, Communication and Design’ of the Symbiosis International University (SIU). SIU would award Bachelor of Design (B. Des) degree to the successful students in any one of the following disciplines viz. Communication Design, Industrial Design, Fashion Communication, Fashion Design and Textile Design. Teaching and Learning MethodologiesThe approach here is entirely project based. SID puts high emphasis on evaluating the students on the basis of continuous performance and projects.Design is an intuition, an outcome of a subconscious thought that leads us to a deeper sense of knowing and offering four major streamlines as Communication Design, Industrial design, Fashion Communication and Fashion Design in the form of four years Graduate Degree comprising of 8 Semesters.Intuition is akin to an elongated insight that tells us we are on to something dynamic to face the competitive world of design.
Design also involves reason that assesses the problem and analyzes the possibilities for solution. It is the analytical process that relies on method and logic to assess, refine, and verify its various hypotheses. At SID, this reflects in the evaluation methods of the student’s project based assignments on the basis of daily performances.
|Frequently Asked Questions regarding Admission Procedure
Online payment through credit card
Note: Please note that Symbiosis Test Secretariat will not be responsible for non-delivery or any delay on the part of courier / postal services.
Seat Allocation (As per Reservation Policy of SIU)
|Candidates must have passed 10+2 (any stream) or equivalent with minimum of 50% marks obtained in the final examination to be eligible for the above-mentioned programmes. The candidate should possess Creative Aptitude and Skills necessary to pursue Design Education as well as adoptability to the situations which the profession demands. Candidates with the relevant portfolio would be preferred.|
for the new batch of B. Des programmes (Batch 2013-17) beginning from Academic Year 2013-14
Admission Procedure for the First Year
For Indian Students
All Indian students are required to take the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET 2013) which will be held on May 4, 2013 (Saturday). Without a valid SET for Design score, no candidate is entitled to seek admission to SID.
How to appear for SET?
How to apply
Please note that a candidate has to apply for “SET” online at www.set-test.org and to the institute (SID) at www.sid.edu.in separately.
Admission to SID will be according to the following process.
Final selection would be based on the cumulative performance of the candidate in Studio Test and Personal Interview as well as on the basis of the information provided by the candidate in the application form and his/her first preference of one of the four disciplines.
For International Students
All the admissions of international Students are handled only through the Symbiosis International Office and not through individual institutes of Symbiosis.
Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE)
|About the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) and how to prepare for itSET question paper for Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID) will be separate. The SET test is an aptitude test and has following format:
SET [Design] – Sample Questions
Please read the following instructions carefully.
- Do not open the seal until the Invigilator instructs you to open.
- The test booklet contains the Answer OMR Sheet. Make sure that the Answer OMR sheet is not damaged in any way.
- Use only a blue/black ballpoint pen to darken circles in the Answer OMR Sheet.
- Write your SET–‐ID and darken appropriate circlesintheAnswerOMRSheet.
No. of Questions
- In the Answer OMR Sheet, darken the circles against the question numbers indicating your answers. For example, if your answer is B for a question, then darken as follows:
Darken only one circle. If you darken more than one circle against any question, you will score zero mark.
2. Do not attempt to copy or allow otherstocopy.Anymalpracticewillinvalidateyourcandidature.
Sample Questions – Design Aptitude
1.The image shown here is that of a nautilus shell (cut away). Identify the curve in it.
a) logarithmic spiral
2. In CMYK, K stands for______.
d) Kiwi Green
3. An artist uses only the primary colors to get any color. If in a painting of yellow flowers and green leaves, the artist substitutes the color yellow with red, then all the leaves would look______.
4. It is not required to have ______ pigment to make the colors -turquoise,tealandlime.
5. The following symbol is related to:
a) flying snakes
b) flying reptiles
6. Which of the two areas is larger? (The given figures are to the proportionate scale)
c) both has same areas
d) information is insufficient
7. In a coded language, ‘GAME’ is written as ‘FZLD’. How will you write ‘BALL’?
8. Which of the following two will fit together to form a triangle. The given figures are to the scale and you may rotate them.
a) A and B
b) A and C
c) A and D
d) B and D
9. Compared to solid bones,HollowbonesinbirdsandanimalshelpinincreasingtheStrength:Weightratio.Thisstatementis________.
10. It is proposed to make a cubical structure with cubical bricks. Calculate the minimum missing number of bricks required to complete the cube structure.
11. Which of the following two objects are similar?
1 A and B
2 A and C
3 B and C
4 B and D
12. Which of the following paper boxes has been unfolded to generate the layout surface shown on the right side?
13. Which of the following is not a synonym for “Rangoli” in Indian languages?
15. The degree between any two spokes of an Ashok Chakra is ________.
17. Which of these is not a comic character?
18. Kalamkari is an ancient Indian art. Literally, it means ________.
a) Pen Work
b) Stone Work
c) Pen Manufacturing
d) Ink Work
19. Which of the following is not a kind of stone?
a) Lapis Lazuli
b) Cat’s Eye
20. Amongst all the metals, Silver has:
a) highest electrical conductivity
b) highest thermal conductivity
c) high reflectivity
d) all of the above
21. Given the same area, the same length and the same material, which of the following cross section will give more strength as a pillar to carry load?
c) both will have the same strength
d) they cannot be compared
a) beneath the body
b) within the body
c) above the body
d) at the hip
24. Which of the following is not a property of light?
25. The birds are able to fly because of upward surface force created by the stream of air beneath its wings. In aerodynamic terms, this force is called _______.
26. Which diagram represents the relationship between mangoes, apples and fruits?
27. The diagram shows a tank with an orifice. As the height of water “h” in the tank increases, the distance “d” up to which the jet shoots ________.
c) remains the same
d) none of the above
28. The image projected through a pinhole camera is:
a) inverted laterally but not vertically
b) inverted vertically but not laterally
c) inverted laterally and vertically
d) upright laterally and vertically
29. The angle x inscribed on the semicircle is always:
a) less than 90
b) less than 120
c) exactly 90
d) exactly 120
30. The ratio of the areas A:B:C of the Circle shown here is
31. A person requires 1 liter of paint to draw the circle A. With the same brush, how much paint will he need to draw the circle B?
a) 1 liter
b) 2 liters
c) 3 liters
d) 4 liters
32. If gear X turns clockwise at 5 rpm, how does gear Y turn?
a) clockwise 5 rpm
b) clockwise 10 rpm
c) anticlockwise 10 rpm
d) anticlockwise 5 rpm
33. Which of the following figures has its Centre of Gravity closest to its bottom base?
34. Set of points makes a ________.
b) stippled image
35. A slant line depicts ________.
36. Shape has an implied ________.
37. Which are the basic geometric shapes using which human form is depicted in Warli Art
a) Square, pentagon, circle
b) Triangle, circle, line
c) Hexagon, square, zigzag line
d) Rectangle, square, Octagon
38. PadmapaniBodhisatva is seen at ________.
a) Ajanta Caves
b) BhimBetka Caves
c) Udaygiri Caves
d) Kanheri Caves
39. Unity is the organization of the elements and principles into a pleasing whole design or composition. It is seen in ________.
a) A flower vase with lots of single color flowers
b) Vase with different colors flowers
c) Vase with different flowers in single colors
d) Snake skin
40. Identify the identity of Sony TV from the below given visual options.
A. B. C. D.
41. JPG is the extension for________ files
a) Microsoft Outlook
b) Microsoft Word
42. Texture is the surface quality of an object. There are two categories of texture: real texture and tactile or visual texture. Real texture refers to how the object would feel if it was _______.
b) Seen and touched
c) Printed on paper
d) Created by hand
43. Gradation of color from warm to cool and tone from dark to light produces ________.
44. Smooth lines give a feeling happiness, so the zigzag lines show ________.
d) None of above
45. Night scenes of nature are created with the absence of ________color.